Question:
Can anyone recommend a really posh restaurant in Melbourne, Australia?
2010-11-01 17:56:34 UTC
I'll be visiting Australia in January and want somewhere to have a nice, intimate dinner with a friend. I'll be staying in Kew.
Four answers:
2010-11-03 20:40:52 UTC
Vue de Monde is consistently voted as one of the finest restaurants in Melbourne very chique and elegant
Merry
2010-11-05 10:04:43 UTC
These are all good suggestions ~ Also ~ Taxi, Vue de Monde, Jacque Raymond, Circa The Prince, High Tea at the Windsor (it is suburb and a real experience!),

Given that your staying in Kew you are fairly central ..however, if you want something in the Kew area (although not quite as 'posh' these are still very good options) I would also recommend

Centonove ~ 109 Cotham Rd, Kew

Ocha ~ (Japanese) ~ 3 Church St, Hawthorn
redlionlantern4
2010-11-04 13:21:04 UTC
There are heaps of nice restaurants in Melbourne.

There's la luna in Rathdowne Street,Carlton North.

There's Nicholas on Nicolson in Carlton North.

There is the Windsor Hotel in the city.

Its really up to you and what food you like.

Look in the Good Food Guide for Melbourne
shazdeblitz
2010-11-03 22:59:39 UTC
There's heaps down at southbank. It all depends what sort of cuisine your looking for????